Tuesday 14 July 2009

Sweet dreams, everyone.

I have been bitten by a bug... (bed bug I suppose), don't run away, nothing gross, sweet little one with the smile and a song... I have stumbled upon the most beautiful project that the Russian animators have recently finished: It is called Lullabies of the world, and they all are well worth your time to sit down and watch with the whole families, and babies/kids foremost. The animations are quite special, and the whole concept of travelling across the world with the dreams, is almost like you get to be wee Willy Winky for once, and peep into the dreams of the kids all over our big and such diverse world. Since Russia is my Motherland, I will start with the Russian lullaby, even if it is not the best one of the project, in my humble opinion. For the full experience I offer you a Quick page, that I have made using the cartoon as inspiration. and if you like the look of it, you can see the cartoon on youtube, and come back for more tomorrow, I will try and make another page, using another lullaby as inspiration. Take care. I hope you enjoyed this post, say hello if you did, it wouldn't be worth it if there is no interest... See the official information on the project at their website, by clicking on the image of the cartoon still frame. Get the freebie Quick page by clicking on the preview, to be taken to 4shared. The song goes:

Зыбаю, колыбаю, отец ушёл за рыбою
Мать ушла коров доить,
Сестра ушла пелёнки мыть.
Баю-баю, зыбаю,
Отец ушел за рыбою,
Мать ушла коров доить,
А дедушка дрова рубить.
Дедушка дрова рубить,
Да бабушка уху варить.
Бабушка - уху варить,
Да свою внученьку кормить.

Which means, for those of you who can't read Russian. :)
Rock-a-bye-baby, father is fishing,
Mother is milking, sister is washing,
Rock-a-bye-baby, father is fishing,
Mother is milking,
and Grandpa is chopping logs (not smoking as you'd think looking at the cartoon)
Grandpa is chopping, and Granny is cooking,
Granny is cooking,
to feed her little Granddaughter.
It goes on with slight variation, and I love the moment when the child throws away Grandpa's pipe, not because it teaches the children to disrespect their elders, but because what is he doing smoking in the kids' cartoon in the first place! Huh?!
Thanks for your interest. Come back tomorrow, and as the Russians say Spokoinoi nochi! Which means Good night! NB for creating the QP I used the Hazel Olive Designs CU freebie clock. The page that I have made with the Quick page uses the following fonts: Kartika, CK Ali's writing, and Cocktail bubbly. TFL.


The picture below is one of my family after war, actually the end of the fifties, and the little boy with big ears, and dreams just as big is my father, space craft designer to be. My Great grandma was really that short, and the Little Ivan is her father, while the Big Ivan is her husband, and yes, he was remarkably tall for my side of the family. It feels like the cartoon wasn't far off the reality as far as the looks of the people go. Don't these people look perfectly Russian to you?!

5 comments:

Creative Junkie said...

That was very interesting - I've never seen anything like it!

Clara said...

What an interesting lullaby... so fascinating to see what different countries sing...

Lena said...

That is so pretty!

AM said...

very intersting!

TragedyScrapinAnne said...

Stopping by from DST Blog Train,
Happy Scrapin' Kat