Monday 27 July 2009

Coraline. Spookoinoi nochi!

Spokoinoi nochi in Russian is a goodnight wish... Spooky on the other hand I am sure you know. The film that I saw yesterday had people (or mice was it) speaking in Russian, which made the kids feel quite special, as this summer we have started Russian lessons, and they could translate things like myshki = topi (Italian) = mice (English) for their friends... Or counting till 4... Anyway the imdb gave this film a generous 8 out of 10 rating, and the local cinema rated it as appropriate for children over 0... I was ready to see something nice, relaxing after a day's work on the roof (see DIY project posts before...) What I didn't expect was the cold hand of fear holding me by the throat through the second part of the film. Oh, yeah, it was a good film, it made you feel for the characters, it made you really worry about them... Except I was missing happy singing bunny rabbits and smily butterflies I suppose. My 8 year old came and sat between me and Dad during the film. I am glad she didn't have any nightmares about me tonight. I sure did, my Mum is coming for a visit in a week or two, and my eyes are watering at the thought... Brrrrr...
I have decided that some form of therapy was a must, so I am writing it down, and I scrapped, and I made you all a nice little box to use when you think of your "other Mother"... Enjoy...

It's a png file, so right-clicking on the picture of the box, and saving it should be enough.



Good night, sleep tight!!!

5 comments:

Robin Ennis Willson said...

I just LOVE those buttons!!! Enjoyed your story :)

Lilja said...

I love your layout and your journaling about the not so pleasant movie experience!! Thanks of the basket :)

TragedyScrapinAnne said...

those buttons just rock, awesome creations TYVM.


You blogged, I blogged, we all scream blog train!!
Stopping by from the DST Blog train
Happy Scrapin' Kat

Lena said...

I love the buttons!! I really wanted to see Coraline, hopefully I can :)

Ava in Wonderland said...

Cool buttons and great blog post!!

http://allaboutmeandabagofchips.typepad.com/my_weblog/