Monday 7 July 2008


Do you like this freebie today?! I hope you do, I have made these papers with the photos I took a couple of weeks back in the Red Square. Funny, how many memories I have connected with the place. Romantic walks with my husband, coming to see the peace parade with my cousin when I was very very young. Visiting Mausoleum on the day I became a young pioneer, and listening to the gossip on how Lenin's nails and hair still continue growing, and feeling remarkably unwilling to go and see a dead man, despite the honour... Losing my dear little bro after the christmas performance... Taking my daughter there for a walk for the very first time. Now visiting it almost like a tourist... I hope you enjoy the papers. The cathedral with the colourful domes is St. Basil's Cathedral. The Soviet looking tower is the main clock that tells us all Moscow Time. It's got a name, Curanti. If you have never been to Moscow, this is the first place you will want to visit, Red Square. It is right there you will find the zero kilometre from which the distances in Russia are calculated. I guess some part of my heart is lost there for ever, and has attached itself to the very stones of the "mostovaya" the pavement of the square.

6 comments:

AfriDigiDiva said...

I loved your post! It's raw and exposing. That's amazing.

Unknown said...

I love the papers and the overlay! Your post is extremely honest & open! Great blog.

Stacey said...

This is SO beautiful! I can understand your connection.

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 08 Jul [LA 03:19am, NY 05:19am, UK 10:19am, OZ 08:19pm]).

Camila's Mom said...

Thank you so much for sharing the papers, overlay and especially your story. It reveals how much of your heart still belongs there. I brought my daughter home from Russia January 2007 and I too will forever be indebted to Russia and it's people for granting me the priviledge of raising one of her children as my own. My daughter is my heart and my life and I will use these papers to scrap some of our photos from our various trips.

Deltapdawn said...

I am going to link to your page. This will go great with my Moscow Template from my Major Cities of the World Template Series!

http://scrappingtildawn.blogspot.com/2008/07/moscow-template-is-freebie-of-day.html