Wednesday 16 July 2008

What do you know about Cornish pasties? plus a tasty freebie for you.




When we lived in UK we went to Cornwall a couple of times, and there I was overwhelmed with the scenery, old mines and the Cornish pasties, not only are they tasty, but have a long history, for instance do you know why they have such a big crust on one side. They were a part of the staple diet of the miners, and farmers of the old days, and when they ate their lunch they didn't want to touch the food with their hands, not only for the fear of the dirt, but also because they didn't like being poisoned by tin or copper (the miners especially). I have made something for you as a special Cornish treat. But first my page that is devoted to our first family Holiday, the one we had in 2001.

And now for that special treat that I told you about. I have made three papers from those old photos, an overlay and a pastry for all of you to enjoy!!! I hope you like it, if so, click on the image of the preview to download and comment so that I knew if you liked it, too.

1 comment:

The Artist Formaly Known as Kelly said...

I totally had no idea there was a reason for the execess crust. Cool info!