Thursday 16 October 2008

Week-end #2, still up the roof!


To celebrate 10 years since we met, we went up the roof again (how romantic) and worked until it was finished. Thank Goodness for friends! Two of them just turned up on the day to give us a hand and Gosh! It was so much easier with the help, it seemed so much easier... We saved so much time thanks to another pair of hands and a brilliant idea of throwing the materials up instead of carrying them up the wobbly ladder. And it was so easy to have somebody pushing the insulation through the hole in the roof, which meant I didn't have to crawl out of the narrow space for each piece and push it in front of me all the way back the whole length of the roof. So by the end of Sunday the job was done, I sure hope it will make the significant difference to our temperature indoors. My Dad, a true Russian gets cold when he comes to visit, and wears in bed a wooly hat that I crocheted for my dear husband to go in the snow... And last winter, when we ran out of oil in our new house, our bedroom kept +12 Celcius for a week.

No comments: