Thursday 16 October 2008

Amigurumi

I have not told you yet, that among my hidden talents of roof insulatingand scrapping I have yet another one, discovered only last year by my children, and it's amigurumi making. Basically crocheting things in one very long spiral movement. I have encountered it first when my little daughter received a hand-made giraffe with a scarf from my Russian friend and ex-colleague, namesake of my daughter Sasha. After several years of it travelling places with us, the arty daughter of mine started designing me things she wanted made, and that's how I took the hook in my hands again. Last year my youngest came with the concept of potato people and Mr. and Mrs. Peanut, that I made for her, this year with inevitability of Halloween, the seven year old came up with the mushroom idea. Champignons that go trick or treating, dressed up in the costumes, she has done about 15, and several original ones by the youngest creative pest who wouldn't be outdone by her sis, my darling five year old. here is what we have done so far! The first one is of what they look like as champignons, undecorated.

No comments: