Monday 1 October 2007

Life in Switzerland.

I guess I am just about as fed up with living here as one could be! This is a sign I see every day when I leave the safety of the house, and it's one that speaks for itself! Along with the previous ones that were similar in meaning (we don't want you, Foreigners!) with the yellow and black hands grabbing for the Swiss passports, and the Screaming face NOOOO! At the thought that the rules for the foreigners to enter/ remain in the country might be lackened...
You can take a bit, but it just eventually gets to you! Believe me...
Not knowing the rules of the game doesn't help either... People do take advantage of that too. I must admit at once that we have lovely wonderful friends in Switzerland (though most of them are foreigners or married to foreigners) so they are not quite Proper Swiss. :) Or they are Swiss German, since there are three major parts: Swiss German, Swiss French, and our lot: Swiss Italian, they also frown upon each other, and define themselves as superior to the other two parts leave alone that 1 per cent of the natives: Romansch... The nature surrounding us is beautiful, but Gosh, I have not been to a more hostile place, despite the nice friends we have acquired, hostile as a general rule!!! And even though I am very fond of the mountains, forgive me, but today I hate it!!!

No comments: